Friday, March 7, 2008

Finder's fee

Once I was on vacation and I stopped at a little local barbershop for a haircut. The place had a sign on the wall (which many places do) that said, "Long hair slightly extra." So I asked the barber, who also seemed to be the owner, "Since you charge extra for people with more hair, can I get a discount since I have less hair?"

He was so taken aback by my request that he stammered, "Uh, uh, okay."

A couple of months later I decided to try the Catonsville Hair Company, a local place. I tried the same tactic on Glenn, the owner. "Oh no, no discount," he said. "Finder's fee."

I've been getting haircuts there ever since.

(For those who don't know, I have a few little wisps of hair on top, just enough so I can't say I'm completely bald. It is a very wide part, and cutting my hair can b done in as litle as 10 minutes.)

No comments: