Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This End Up

I once dated a woman who was finishing up her residency as an OB/GYN at the University of Maryland Medical School, and our one date at the theatre proved to be much more of a comedy than the show's producers intended.

It was a one man show with, I think, Jason Robards; probably the life of Mark Twain, but I'm not sure. Halfway through the second act, an older gentleman in the front row collapsed.

Just as in the movies Robards stopped the show, broke character, and bellowed, "Is there a doctor in the house?"

My date leaped out of her seat and began rushing down the aisle towards the front. On the other side of the theatre, a man jumped out of his seat and also scurried to the front.

My date and the man arrived at the passed out theatre goer at the same time. "I don't know how much help I can be," my date said. "I'm Obey/Gyney."

The other man looked at her for a second. "I," he said, with a funny look on his face, "am a proctologist."

They called an ambulance.

No comments: